Not really. Today we went to my cousin Dorie's wedding celebration. She looked fabulous. I think her and Jason (her husband) looked really happy. They are such great people. We had a great time. All of my siblings made it, my two nephews, my parents, my aunts and uncles, and a good chunk of my cousins. The outfits are from Kathy (our aunt/Dorie's mom). She works for a company that has been doing work in Pakistan. She wanted to have a traditional dress from there, so some of her co-workers picked seven different kinds and sent them. She asked if we wanted to wear them. Robyn called me while we were in PA to ask if I was interested. Honestly I was a bit skeptical, but she reassured me that it would be great. It did turn up really fun. Emily (my sister-in-law) is in red, Hailee is in white with aqua pants, Michaela is in the chartreuse, I am next in white and orange, and Robyn is on the end it what was deemed shinny gold. The man in Pakistan who picked out the clothing was shocked that western women would be interested in wearing clothes from Pakistan. There will be a picture of all of us girls in our Pakistani clothing setting on his desk.
Scott was playing ball with the people who work at the reception place and they asked him, "Are all those people Hindu?" His answer, "No, but one of them practices Chinese Medicine." All of this was with a straight face. My cousin Matt (Dorie's brother) is going to school in LA for Chinese Medicine.
3 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I would totally wear an outfit like that!!
The clothes are beautiful! I'll jump in with Leah here. We can all wear them to park days when you get back!
Looks like a fun and interesting event! I love to see/learn things about different cultures. Bet you had fun! Love the dress!
Post a Comment