Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thinking of spring


Today was the warmest day of the year, and it seems like the first blue sky we have seen in a very long time. I have been thinking about my gardens, especially the flowers that my aunts and mom have given me. One of the things that I am grateful that I have been blessed with is the ability to get how plants work, and how to grow things. It brings me great joy and satisfaction. I have always liked plants particularly flowers, but I didn't know that I would love working in my yard and making it more beautiful. I am sure in the fall I will be ready to rest from the work. Until then I keep dreaming of spring when I can listen to my i-pod in one ear, my kids in with the other and working in my gardens.

This is one of the day lilies that I have. I am not sure whose garden it came from but it is one of my favorites. I am very excited to see the new daffodils I put in this past fall. I am pretty sure the deer won't eat them.

1 comment:

H said...

I am seriously green with envy on your ability to know how plants work. I keep trying, albeit, not very hard in the AZ heat, but to no avail. I've got 4 bamboo plants inside that seem to be pretty happy. I miss your beautiful flowers here in AZ and can only imagine how your skills must flourish in the great Utah climate. I'll look forward to pic's come spring.