Monday, September 8, 2008
Christmas in September???
I have had the best day, almost as good as Christmas. It all started with Peter Breinholt. We (meaning Scott and I) went to his concert on Saturday night at Peach Days. It was a very nostalgic (thanks Mike for the spelling help) feeling. You see, a Peter Breinholt concert was the first time I saw Scott outside of the bookstore (where I worked), or the library (where Scott worked). I know that I was a total spazz when he talked to me. So Pete has always had a soft spot in my heart. I have most of his CDs, and picked up his new one this weekend. I told Scott, "you will probably hear a lot of Peter Breinholt over the next few weeks." This morning I was looking at my itunes to make a new playlist for Pete and noticed I hadn't copied one of his cds over to our computer. I went to the basement to find it. I found it, but I also found a cd that someone had made for me! Well not really, Scott had made it a few years ago from his friends music library. This cd is filled with 50+ songs. Not crap songs but good songs. It seemed like someone had gotten on the itunes store and found all the music I was missing from the artists that I love, plus a few great surprises. Some of you know that I am a girl that has her ipod tucked in her pocket, with the ear buds run up under her shirt (so the cord doesn't get caught on stuff), and one ear bud in her ear the other looped back in her pocket. This is how I have spent 75% of my summer days. It is like having a sound track for your life. So when you hear a particular song it reminds you of a memory. You know like the same feeling you have when you can't throw out a particular pair of shoes because of the memories that they have. So you see Christmas came early for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it when I find music I have been looking for! So you met outside a book store?
Post a Comment