I never thought that I would ever sign up for Facebook. I felt like it was like getting a myspace page. The only people I knew that had those pages were kids in college, kids in high school, if you were really famous, or maybe just a little weird. Certainly not for a stay at home mom of three that lives in small town Utah. However, I am not one to be left out. First it started with my sisters who fit in the kids in college/high school category. Then my really good friend next door who is older than me did it. Then another friend in my church did it. How could I not give in?? It is great!! These are the reasons that I like Facebook:
1: I have found lots of friends from high school that I haven't heard from or seen since graduating.
2: I found old family friends who haven't seen me in a long time.
3: I can keep up to date on the things that are important to my friends and family without a long phone call, or long email.
4: It seems that no one cares if things are spelled right or punctuated correctly. All the pressure is off.
5: The whole instant messaging is so cool.
I am sure this sounds like an advertisement but it is not. I have no clue who did facebook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ditto! I hesitated for a long time and then finally jumped on the wagon. I too have found so many friends that I haven't seen or heard from in years. Love it! Sad to say, but I do!
And Facebook chat is good for spelling instead of a dictionary, apparently. Nice. I wondered why you wanted to spell "nostalgic".
The main bad thing about Facebook is that now I have proof that Tonya is so much cooler than I am because she has more friends on there :(
Post a Comment