Tonight I was looking for a new pair of running shoes on Amazon. I found some, added them to the cart, and then went to check out. I looked at my total and it was $170. What?! I should say, "how can one pair of shoes be so expensive?" However that would be lying, I can't deny that I have in the past looked at and seriously considered buying a pair for more than that. I haven't but I know they exsist. The "What?!" came because the shoes I picked out were $30. The funny part of this shopping trip was what was in the shopping cart, a Fogo Rocket Rod Jet Cast Fishing Rod, Melissa and Doug Pasture Pals - 12 Horses, Yukon Village: Wooden Single-Stall Horse Barn, Hook Hiding Bobber 3 Pack - Colors May Vary, Plano Tackle Box - 2 Tray with 136 Piece Tackle Kit, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, LEGO Batman. I think all three McKee boys have been shopping and adding things to the cart. Feel free to look up all the great stuff they picked out but won't be getting. Spencer is the fishing freak, Kai the horse nut, and Mica the videogame guru.
A few weeks ago Mica's school teacher called me and said, "Mrs. McKee, Mica is really sick. He is in a lot of pain. I almost think he might have a ruptured appendix but he says it hurts more in the middle of his tummy." I rush to school to get him, and he is just crying. I know there is more to the story because Mica doesn't cry at school even if he is sick, and he didn't complain about being sick before he left for school. I take him out in the hall to talk to him, and this is what I find out. In their class they had been talking about Chinese New Year. Some how it had come up that toys that were made in China were painted with lead paint and you can get really sick from lead paint. So Mica was sure he was going to die from lead poisining because he had been putting toys in his mouth that said, "made in China". I assured him that the toys we had were not on any of the lists that were painted with lead paint. The tears quickly dried, and a big hug followed. Mica cheered up and went back to class. Maybe, I should have told him that all of his shirts were covered in lead paint so if he put them in his mouth that would make him sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Tori, this whole post is just hilarious! I so miss you and the antics of your family. But what did Scott add to the shopping cart?
I will say you are an evil, evil, mother for even THINKING about telling Mica his shirts were covered in lead paint. Evil genious that is!
Tori...that is hillarious!!! My kids get all excited when they think something is excotic because it's made in China.
Hi Tori! I just found your blog! :) See you at church!
Post a Comment