It is true. I hate crusts. Last week I threw 3 bread bags away, all of them had both ends of the loaf in the bag still. So not only do I hate crusts, I am influencing my kids to hate crusts. This is a weird concept to Scott, however it works out to his favor. I don't like the end part of the pizza, Scott loves it. He thinks it is almost the best part of the pizza. I am finding that anything on the outside is considered a crust. This includes apple peels. Today Kai said, "mom will you cut me an apple and take the crust off." I have the same conversation with Mica every morning before school while I am making his peanut butter sandwich. "Mom, please cut off the crust." Me: "Only the top part of the sandwich." Mica: "How about the sides too." Me: "No." Mica: "Why?" Me: "Your dad thinks you should eat them, because it is wasteful and they are good for you."
My grandma loves the crust. Actually most of my family eats the crust. When I was little I would take one bite of toast, and the proceed to eat only the middle. Leaving a "ring" of crust. How can I make my children eat their crusts, when I don't want to eat mine?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a fun blog! Here is mine, now that I know the address: hardmanfamilyblog@blogspot.com
I love that you have books posted. I'm going to steal that idea. Talk to you soon.
Andrea
P.S. I know the picture looks fairly horrid small. I'm working on it.
My experience tells me that you can't make your kids do anything you won't do. I won't drink my cereal milk, Bill does, Kyra doesn't, Tasha does... to each his own I guess.
How about brownie "crust"? That's the best part! We bought a special brownie pan so that every piece has 2 sides of crust.
All outside pieces have "crust". I usually cut the outside pieces of the brownies quite small so I can preserve more of the goodness of the middle.
I had the same problem but with veggies. I refused to eat them. Then, Jacob was born and I fed him his mashed veggies in a jar saying "oh poor baby" the whole time but he seemed to love them. When he was old enouph to talk he would ask me why I didn't eat any veggies. I said that I did and forced one down. Now Ryan doesn't eat his veggies very often so i think it is something that we are born with. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
Post a Comment